looks like some web developers are getting back into 4GL environment...

  • From: "Ryan" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:18:12 -0500

I just saw a demo for a new language and framework called 'Ruby on Rails'. Its
pretty close to being a 4GL web environment. No drag and drop screens
yet(supposedly will be around June 2006). The demo was simplistic, but I can
see the potential. The presentation was to a room full of java developers and
it went over very well.

It appears to be far more productive than java.

You guys may want to seriously check this out...