looking for doc with diagrams on redo and undo for java developers

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:37:04 +0000

Object Oriented programming is all about reuse so our java guys made a
universal update statement that updates all columns in a table, even unchanged
columns. I know its bad, but its a major re-write to change this. I was digging
through the otn docs and some books and everything that leads me to this
requires a significant amount of reading. Multiple chapters etc...
anyone know a short article that explains undo and redo along with diagrams and
why its bad to update unchanged columns that is easy for a non-oracle person to
follow?

checked the concepts doc, but they would probably have to read 50-70 pages to
get the basic idea.