Re: local_listener in 11gR2 RAC

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:43:59 -0500

Kart,
The listener does not register with the instance, the instance registers
with the listener.

You didn't mention it, but I am assuming you are using 11.2 which means the
remote_listener parameter should be set to the SCAN.

The local_listener parameter, however, hasn't changed. It should be using
either a tnsnames.ora entry or more likely, the full connection descriptor.
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=10.10.10.10)(PORT=1545)))).

Use 'lsnrctl stat' to make sure that the listener is listening on that IP
and port. The instance will automatically register with the listener on a
regular basis but you can use 'alter system register;' to force a
registration to take place.

Seth Miller