Re: local_listener in 11gR2 RAC

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:08:59 -0500

It sounds like your local listener is not configured properly.
Confirm these things:

   - Your local listener is running out of your clusterware home, not your
   database home
   - The clusterware listener configuration file
   (<GRID_HOME>/network/admin/listener.ora) looks like this:
   -
LISTENER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER))))
   # line added by Agent

LISTENER_SCAN3=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN3))))
   # line added by Agent

LISTENER_SCAN2=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN2))))
   # line added by Agent

LISTENER_SCAN1=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=LISTENER_SCAN1))))
   # line added by Agent
   ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN1=ON                # line
   added by Agent
   ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN2=ON                # line
   added by Agent
   ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_SCAN3=ON                # line
   added by Agent
   ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER=ON              # line added by
   Agent

Seth Miller