Re: how to find the

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LazyDBA.com Discussion'" <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Helmut'" <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:17:16 +0200

 Helmut,
     You are confusing segment with extent. Check DBA_EXTENTS.

Regards,

Stephane Faroult

RoughSea Ltd
http://www.roughsea.com

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:01 , 'Daiminger, Helmut' <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx>
sent:

Hi!

I do have a tablespace that consists of four datafiles. Data file number
4 is 20 GB in size, but only 2 GB of those 20 GB are used.

I use=20

select segment_name from dba_segments where relative_fno=3D17 and
segment_type=3D'TABLE'

to find all the tables in that specific datafile. I got the relative_fno
from dba_data_files.

But how do I know the table that is the "last" segment in the datafile
that prevents me from shrinking it? I assume that there is just one or
two tables in the file that need to be moved to that I can shrink it by
about 15 GB.

Any ideas?

This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i.

Thanks,