Re: higher version Standby database?

  • From: Chen Zhou <oracle.unknowns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:18:25 -0700

Hans,
Unfortunately none of my local book stores carry this book.  Do you mean
basically in this case, we should convert the current primary
database(10.2.0.4 RAC) to logical standby, then upgrade it to 10.2.0.5,
then sync up and switch back to the originally intended physical standby
already at 10.2.0.5?
I am not 100% sure,  but it might have taken my coworker a long time to
upgrade a Dev database from 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5.  He will not have enough
time to do an upgrade of the much large and complicated production
datatabase during regular maintenance window.
Thank you,
Chen