RE: fire off multiple dbms_stats.gather_schema

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

To my understanding dbms_stats with a parallel degree set will analyze a
given table in parallel using PQ slaves.  I do use parallel, but I want to
run concurrent schema dbms_stats gather with parallel also instead of
having gather_schema run through the the schemas serially.

I would like to use gather auto or gather stale, but we can't enable table
monitoring just yet and I think table monitoring is required for gather
stale and gather auto.  Right now I pan on using Gather once a month and
then gather empty weekly, with a granularity of partition.
Cheers
--
..
David