RE: exporting directly from one server to another

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:02:24 -0400

Paula,
There is a procedure that I got from Rachel Carmichael to do this but I
don't think I have the original anymore. I used it a couple of times going
when I was changing block size etc.  I will try to find it on Monday and
post it for you.  If not, just write to her and ask her.  I know she will be
happy to send it to you.  If your database is really big, exp/imp is really
not a good option.  This time I migrated my 8063 to 9024 and it was a snap
(except for the mistake that Oracle Support made, but that is another
story).

If you want me to find it let me know!

Regards,
Ruth