RE: very odd problem....oracle support has been no help so far.

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:10:57 -0500

Are you sure it's not hardware related?  We lost a disk this AM that one =
of our 8.1.7.4.0 DBs uses on our HP-UX 11.0 test system.  Even after we =
were able to clear out most of the hung processes (we have a cron job =
that connects to the DB every 15 mins) so the system could fork new =
processes, PMON, DBWRs, and LGWR are not killable.  I aborted the =
instance and all, but no luck.

At least this was on a test system.

GL!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA