Re: dynamic endpoints, 11gr2

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:29:58 +0100

I'd expect "we do not understand the behaviour and associated risks with
this new feature well enough to use it " to stand up to audit scrutiny well
enough.

On 4 Oct 2010 17:03, "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I looked at those documents, none of them seem to have anything to do with
the dynamic endpoints settings. I expect it has something to do with
communication among the scan listeners, but that's kind of a broad subject.
I really don't like autogenerated settings in a configuration file that I do
not understand.  Considering the paucity of documentation, I suspect that
the poster who said that Oracle doesn't want to document this is correct.
Unfortunately, there is such a thing as regulatory compliance these days,
and many companies put the .ora files under change control, so I don't know
how well a 'not documented' will stand up to an audit.