Re: ** delete tuning

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:42:55 +0200

Assuming you have foreign keys that point to your child records, are these
columns indexed ?

Just my 2cents

Stefan

On 6/23/06, A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, In one of my programs : I am doing a lot of deletes for one key existing in many tables. I have to visit each table and delete the row for the key. This process is real slow. Are there any parameters or settings to set , init or otherwise to make delete faster. Or any other guideline? The version is 8.1.7. Thanks

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone
Calls<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>to
 the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.