RE: cursor sharing

  • From: "ramick" <ramick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:10:13 -0700

Post 10053 and tkprof traces.

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:28 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Re: cursor sharing

I have checked it and yes, the explain plan is the same

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "Ghassan Salem"
             <salem.ghassan@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             06/20/2006 03:08                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: cursor sharing

Gene,
"The explain plan did not seem to have changed"!!!!
please be sure of that, same plan should mean same perf (on the same db,
that is).

Post the query and the plans, and we'll see.

rgds

On 6/20/06, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The only change that I have made is the cursor_shareing_exact hint.
  There
  was nothing else done (to my knowledge)
  The explain plan did not seem to have changed

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich
  Oracle Engineering
  224-405-4079

               "ramick"
               < ramick@xxxxxxxxx
               om>
               Sent by:                  <
  genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
               oracle-l-bounce@f         >, "'oracle-l'"
               reelists.org              < oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  cc

               06/19/2006 04:46
  Subject
               PM                        RE: cursor sharing

               Please respond to
               ramick@xxxxxxxxxx

  Are you 100% sure it's due to cursor_sharing?

  Maybe you already checked, but is the execution plan the same?

  Is this 9204 on AIX?