Re: compile dba_data_files

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:44:01 -0700

On 7/7/05, shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just took a 10046 for
>  alter view dba_data_files compile
>  The sql executed in this case are
> so it does reference obj$ while doing a recompile

Nice work, I was obviously too lazy to trace it. :)

 In Prem's case obj$ has a issue so he should FIRST CHECK dba_objects

What is it you think will be found in DBA_OBJECTS?

It appears that the update of obj$ is causing the error with one of the
following unique indexes

TABLE INDEXNAME UNIQUENES COLUMNNAME
-------------------- ------------------------------ ---------
-----------------------------------
OBJ$ I_OBJ1 UNIQUE OBJ#

I_OBJ2 UNIQUE OWNER#
UNIQUE NAME
UNIQUE NAMESPACE
UNIQUE REMOTEOWNER
UNIQUE LINKNAME
UNIQUE SUBNAME

7 rows selected.

A level 4 trace on the 'alter view dba_data_files compile' operation should
reveal the offending values.

I would not know how to fix it however.
In any case, this appears to require opening a TAR.

Inbetween , in my view, only analyze of data dict is supported from 9i
> onwards but further i have seen no documents which say OR does not say a way
> in which dict views can be recompiled.

Can you explain what you think dictionary statistics have to do with this?

Jared Still