Re: compile dba_data_files

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:02:40 -0700

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but what do stats
on dictionary objects have to do with recompiling DBA_DATA_FILES?

Also, the error that Prem is seeing is rather strange, as the view
DBA_DATA_FILES
does not include any reference to obj$, or any other views that do.

FROM clauses for dba_data_files:

8i:
from sys.file$ f, sys.ts$ ts, sys.v$dbfile v
from sys.v$dbfile v, sys.file$ f, sys.x$ktfbhc hc, sys.ts$ ts

10gR1:
from sys.file$ f, sys.ts$ ts, sys.v$dbfile v
from sys.v$dbfile v, sys.file$ f, sys.x$ktfbhc hc, sys.ts$ ts

Jared

On 7/7/05, shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <shirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oracle does supports collecting stats on dict objects
>  but in your case it looks like that you have some issues with obj$
>  does you dba_objects works fine ?
>  better is to do
>  1)analyze the obj$
> 2) if it fails then take a 10046 or
> 3)set a errorstack for 4043
>  in case obj$ is corrupted then it you need to patch the dict or restore
> recover from a good known backup .....
>  Regards
> Shirish

Jared Still