Re: changing session parameters after logon trigger

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: makulev@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:55:41 -0400

On 10/20/05, Milen Kulev <makulev@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many thanks for answer Jared.
> The problem is that Siebel suggestions are sometimes pretty irrational
> ***and*** their suggstions are not giving the
> expected (performance) results. If some parameter changes proposed from
> Siebel don't work, they (SBL) say "Ask your DBA
> for assistance".
> Anyway, the solution of the problem was to set
> "optimizer_features_enable=8.1.7".

Milen,

Tourniquet applied.
Good luck taking that one off.

(what I am implying, is that one does not remove a tourniquet. the
doctor(s) in the hospital remove it, after severing the affected
limb).

The solution to the problem is likely not setting o_f_e='8.1.7', instance-wide.
That won't likely survive an update to 10g R1.
The good news for you is that 9.2 is on support until 01-JUL-2007.

Pd