changing session parameters after logon trigger

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:45:50 +0200 (MEST)

Hi listers,
I have a problem with a couple SQL statements (from the simple ones- joins
between 20 tables ;) ) which are coming from  SIEBEL.

The problem is that SBL application server is executing the following
statements right after login :

alter session set optimizer_mode = first_rows_10;
alter session set hash_join_enabled = false;
alter session set "_optimizer_sortmerge_join_enabled" = false;
alter session set "_optimizer_join_sel_sanity_check" = true;

This statements are issued AFTER the databse logon triger fires (I have
traced the sessions with event=10046).

Is there any possibility to change this parameters again (after SBL changed
them)?

OS= HPUX 11.11
Oracle 9.2.0.4

The problem is that I am getting pretty high "parse time cpu" times:

call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current
rows
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
----------
Parse        1      4.13       4.04          0          0          0
  0
Execute      1      0.00       0.00          0          0          0
  0
Fetch        2      0.01       0.00          0        393          0
  9
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
----------
total        4      4.14       4.04          0        393          0
  9

When I set "_optimizer_sortmerge_join_enabled"  to  TRUE AND
optimizer_dynamic_sampling to 0, then I am getting 0.1 seconds elapsed time!

Do this situation  something to do  with optimizer_mode = first_rows_10 and
9.2.0.4 , as the one-site SBL consultant suggested?

The funny thing is that when I set optimizer_features_enable=8.1.7, the
"parse time cpu" problem disappears, and all the statement are pretty
performant.

Does anyone have similar (bad)experience with SBL ?

Regards. Milen

P.S.  More SBL fun:
optimizer_max_permutations= 100
optimizer_index_cost_adj= 1