RE: buffer busy waits PUZZLES

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:49:18 -0400

Just because there is a wait does not mean there is a problem.  How many
IO were there to the objects during the same time period?  8032 waits
out of 8032 requests is probably a problem but 8032 waits over 8 million
requests doesn't seem like much of a problem.  I do not see how anyone
can give you sound recommendations when you only provide one statistic.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --