Re: buffer busy waits PUZZLES

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:10:35 +0300

However, I haven't have buffer busy wait as my tops events nor I see
any session execessively waiting for this event. I have already
mentioned in my previous replies that I have grabbed these values from
v$segment_statistics dynamic view.

The following are today's result for the buffer busy waits.

TRANSACTION_LOG                    211143
FM_AUDIT_FORM                       39906
C_INTIMATION                        37029
CIS_AUDIT_TRAILH                    15001
OUTWARD_CLEARING_CHEQUES             8310
C_CUSTOMER                           5793
FM_OLTP_LOG                          2727
INWARD_CLEARING_CHEQUES              2347
RB_RESTRAINTS                        2239
SYSTEM_PARAMETER_VALUE               1492
RB_TRAN_HIST                         1102

I have increased default freelist 1 to 5 to those tables and now I can
clearly see that those tables buffer busy wait event has increased
madly. This could be due to heavy access on those tables?

However, I have been reading Cary's book past 1 year and still I
enjoying reading it. Thank god, now, I started undertanding the
concept behind method R and the true power of 10046 trace for
resolving performance issues.

On 5/18/05, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My bad...
>=20
> 2005/5/17, Cary Millsap <Cary.Millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Ah! Credit to Gaja and Kirti for that one...
> >=3D20
> > Cary Millsap
> > Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
> > http://www.hotsos.com
> > * Nullius in verba *
> >=3D20
> > Visit www.hotsos.com for curriculum and schedule details...
> >=3D20
> >=3D20

--=20
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA
Banque Saudi Fransi
Saudi Arabia
"It is your atittude, not your aptitude that determins your altitude."