Re: blonde moment...

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:47:10 -0600

I used to do this all the time...and it took some thinking to remember this one.

You have to use the command oradim. I don't recall all the options, but there is a decent coverage of this topic at http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/admin/creatingdbmanually.html. It talks about 10g, but most of the concepts will be the same.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

bill thater wrote:
i'm a unix guy not a windows guy.  at the new job we use windows and
8.1.7.  could someone point me at the FM that shows me how to create a
service so i can get a database with files already in place to
start/stop with svrmgrl please?