RE: bitmapped index with "parallel" OK?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:43:53 -0400

Thomas,

Did you try a lookup on MetaLink w/ the ORA-600/7445 lookup tool?

Log in to MetaLink, click the "Knowledge" tab.  From there, Click
"Database" on the left side.  Now, in the top center, third item under
"Database" is "ORA-600 Error Lookup by Argument".

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak

Senior Oracle Architect

ProQuest Information & Learning

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005

________________________________

From: Thomas Day <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Oct 25, 2006 12:05 PM
To: oracle-l < oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >

I'm creating bitmapped indexes on a non-partitioned table.  If I add
"parallel" to the mix of options I get an end-of-channel and the
database takes a core dump.  If I'm creating local bitmapped indexes on
a partitioned table the parallel option is no problem.  Also, parallel
does not seem to be a problem with b-tree indexes (partitioned table or
no).

I've been through the documentation and tired Google but I can't find a
definitive answer.

Is "parallel" allowed with bitmapped indexes on non-partitioned tables?

Our banner says -

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data
Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

OS is AIX.