Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:18:26 -0500

I don't think I can rebuild that index because it is partitioned.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Thomas Day"
             <tomday2@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             oracle-l-bounce@f                                          cc
             reelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain
             10/25/2006 08:40
             AM

             Please respond to
             tomday2@xxxxxxxxx

Without know more about the detail, I would suggest alter index rebuild
reverse.  You might get lucky and the reverse could redistribute your data
to eliminate the hot blocks.

Since you say "report" I am assuming that you are doing read only.