RE: awr

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:47:40 +0000

In the Enterprise Edition, Oracle automatically collects AWR statistics with
the predefined task --- irrespective of whether you have the Diagnostic Pack
licence or not.
However, if you do not have the Diagnostic Pack licence, you should not be
generating AWR Reports (whether through OEM or from the command line) {nor
should you be generating Snapshots manually}.

You can run this query to check to see if you have used AWR :
select name, version, description, detected_usages, last_usage_date
from dba_Feature_usage_statistics
where name like 'Automatic Workload%' or name like 'AWR%'
/

You can choose to install and use StatsPack, which is free. See Document
94224.1 on support.oracle.com

Hemant K Chitale