Re: aud$ purge script

  • From: Steve Gardiner <gardiner9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:55:28 -0500

Naga,
I've used the info in this pythian blog with great success at various sites
to purge the audit table.
http://www.pythian.com/news/1106/oracle-11g-audit-enabled-by-default-but-what-about-purging/
It creates a procedure and a scheduled job to purge the audit log. It even
writes a message to the alert log with it's status.

I would also suggest moving sys.aud$ to be stored in a tablespace other
than system. 11g has a package to do this.
These are the commands to move the sys.aud$ table from the system
tablespace to the sysaux tablespace:

As sys
BEGIN
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_AUDIT_TRAIL_LOCATION(audit_trail_type =>
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.AUDIT_TRAIL_AUD_STD,
audit_trail_location_value => 'SYSAUX');
END;
/

Be careful how much data you will purge the first time. Purge the data
first then move to a new tablespace.

Steve Gardiner
gardiner9@xxxxxxxxx