asynchronous multi-master replication

  • From: Stalin <stalinsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:58:25 -0800

Hi All,

We have a requirement to build an environment with 2 databases running
on two different locations with same set of applications running on each site.
Apparently both database should be in sync all the time. After reading
the doco, this requirement clearly begs for Asynchronous/Synchronous
multi-master replication.  Don't ask me why this needs to be done from
two different locations, that's part of SLA's. sometimes, SLA's make
things more complex!

Can anybody share your experience in terms of performance/scalibility
in a two way multi-master replication.

Configuration we are looking at for now is --

4 proc, 4g mem,  15 (15k rpms) * 36 G on a raid 10, oracle enterprise
edition (10g)  -- per site.

Thanks,
Stalin