Re: I was surprised, thought I'd share...

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 04:34:09 +0000 (GMT)

Similarly...

Whack on a database-wide sql_trace and you'll be amazed at how many recursive
queries have the
RULE hint within them...

--- Thomas Biju <BThomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> According to Oracle LONG and LONG RAW data types are deprecated (in Oracle8=
> i) and "we" should convert them to appropriate LOB data types.
> And there are procedures to convert them too...
>
> The following SQL is run on a brand new (not upgraded from earlier version)=
>  Oracle 10g 10.1.0.3 database:
>
> system> select data_type, count(*)
>   2  from dba_tab_columns
>   3  where DATA_TYPE like 'LONG%'
>   4  and owner =3D 'SYS'
>   5* group by data_type
> system> /
>
> DATA_TYPE              COUNT(*)
> -------------------- ----------
> LONG                        209
> LONG RAW                      4
>
> system@FTWT66OD> select * from v$version;
>
> BANNER
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.3.0 - 64bi
> PL/SQL Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production
> CORE    10.1.0.3.0      Production
> TNS for Solaris: Version 10.1.0.3.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 10.1.0.3.0 - Production
>
> system@FTWT66OD>
>
> Thanks,
> Biju Thomas
> DBA
>

> ___________________________________________________________________________=
> __________________________________
>
> This electronic transmission and any attached files are intended solely for=
>  the person or entity to which they are addressed and may contain informati=
> on that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.=
>  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use, including taking a=
> ny action concerning this information by anyone other than the named recipi=
> ent, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have =
> received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender =
> and destroy this communication.
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

=====
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail