RE: arch slow and standby.

  • From: "Ankur Godambe" <agodambe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:02:18 -0700

So the assumption that database will hang in case of slow archival to
remote destination even when log_archive_dest_n is optional is true for
9i unless _LOG_ARCHIVE_CALLOUT='LOCAL_FIRST=TRUE' parameter is set. The
parameter directs arch to archive to local destination first and then to
remote.

Thanks to David for pointing out the metalink doc - Note 260040.1.

Regards,

Ankur