RE: arch slow and standby.

  • From: "Taft, David" <TaftD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'agodambe@xxxxxxxxxx'" <agodambe@xxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:07:41 -0400

Ankur,

As Igor (igor.polishchuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:igor.polishchuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ) pointed out in his post, he
experienced this problem as did we at our site due to a slow WAN.  Oracle
Support directed us to this parameter.  At the time we were on 9205, but
have since upgraded to 9207.  After upgrading, we never unset the
_LOG_ARCHIVE_CALLOUT='LOCAL_FIRST=TRUE'  hidden parameter, but it doesn't
appear to be a problem.  I only point this out because when I reread the
Metalink note, 260040.1, it looks like Oracle has changed this to the
default behavior in since 9207.

Cheers,

David Taft