Re: anyone using 10g professionally yet?

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:30:59 -0400

Hmmm ... this is from one of our class instructor ... some snippets ...

1. don't think of using 10g w/o OEM ... just too difficult.
2. ocp exam will (probably?) be just 2 exams

it is kinds tough to muster all those opmnctl, emctl syntaxes too.
Running sql is easy, but as soon as you throw in the application
servers, it is going to be a bit tough.

We pushed him hard about command line stuff, but he mentioned that the
command lines are getting longer and difficult to remember with those
gazillion options.

so much for pointy-clickety interfaces. Plus they want everyone to use
OEM, certain features are now accessible through OEM only (until
someone hacks in and writes some packages).

Raj

--