RE: adapters showing no protocols enabled SOLUTION

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:35:26 -0000

Riyaj Shamsudeen was very helpful and enabled me to find and resolve the
problem.

He suggested I checked DNS lookups and from that I discovered that the
nisplus service on the server was disabled. I could not enable because
the keyserv service was not running. Having fixed that nisplus started
and the listener fired up straightaway (instead of hanging until timing
out).

I am stil unsure as to why I see no valid output from adapters on that
server and I do on some other servers (but no all)

Thanks list and Riyaj especially.

John