adapters showing no protocols enabled

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:48:49 -0000

Oracle 10.2.0.2 on Solaris X86

Installed Oracle and non DBA group users cannot use sqlplus imp exp etc.
Patch 4516865 for fixing incorrect Oracle permissions after install is
available but not for X86 chipset.

I got the utilities working by chmod -R 755 from O_H down then relinked.
Lsnrctl worked prior to that but it is not working now.

Lsnrctl start gives

Connecting to
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxx)(PORT=1521)))

TNS-12547: TNS:lost contact

 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

  TNS-00517: Lost contact

   Solaris Error: 131: Connection reset by peer

I have traced the issue to be because the adapters command does not give
any output. I have another 10.2.0.2 installation on X86 which is working
OK. I have compared permissions on all files and servers and they seem
to match.

I have searched Metalink and Google with no success.

I have installed another O_H and that has the same problem. I have
changed ports and tried relink option known to man

Has anybody got any ideas please

+44 (0)113 223 2274 (direct)

+44 (0)113 297 9797

BJSS Limited, 1st Floor Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds LS1 2TW.
Registered in England with company number 2777575.
http://www.bjss.co.uk