Re: a question to question

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:17:00 +1100

Everyone is entitled to be wrong as you say. Except when one is setting themselves up as "incapable of error", which is precisely what the entire OCP is all about.

This harks back to what I've been asking since day 1 of the OCP: who certifies the certifier?

The case shown below is not by any means unique. Yes, I know it's not an "official" OCP test. But I've seen many OCP tests where the "correct" answers are not such by any stretch of the imagination.

The day the OCP exam becomes open about its markings - Ie, when we are able to see EXACTLY what was wrong and why - is the day I'll believe in its validity. Until then, it won't cease to be the sad joke it is.

(What, they're all "squeaky clean" by definition? Sorry, I stopped believing in Santa a long time ago...)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Niall Litchfield wrote,on my timestamp of 16/01/2011 8:42 PM:
I think that's too harsh. The text comes from one ( more actually ) of the
"brain dump" sites for OCP. Meaning it is what someone who was taking the test
thought the answer to that question was. We're all allowed to be wrong
sometimes. Similarly just trusting stuff on the internet - particularly if it
comes without an explanation that we can evaluate is fool hardy - not because
people are deliberately misleading you, though they do, but because they can be
just wrong. .

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Those suggested answers are "designed" to make you *fail* the exam.

    A and F are the correct answers.