RE: a pl/sql question

  • From: <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:31:17 +0530

Hi Guang,

Can you pls trace the session running this code and post the relevant sections
of the output?. The code you have posted here lacks details .I suggest the
problem could be well stated with supporting details like the volume of data in
the tables/selectivity of columns/trace output.  Pls elaborate this statement..
<Quote>
I am thinking is that the sub pl/sql block within this function is creating
some "overhead"
<Unquote>
pls explain what ovearhead this statement is causing..Is the SQL statement
causing the overhead on CPU/Disk/Memory/You?

Cheers

Sriram Kumar