Re: What does LIKE '%%' actually do in a WHERE clause?

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dunbar, Norman (Capgemini)" <norman.dunbar.capgemini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 00:08:59 +0530

hi Norman,
to get the first 100 rows..whats criteria..any..then rownnum will
work..otherwise..top-n queries should be used..
am sure top-n queries will be faster..

randomly I found two sites about top n queries..

http://www.orafaq.com/faq/how_does_one_select_the_top_n_rows_from_a_table

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/TopNQueries.php
thanks..subodh

--