Re: What am I missing - table not in DBA_SEGMENTS

  • From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:47:37 -0400

You guys are fast.

sd1p SQL>create table test ( a number ) segment creation deferred;

Table created.

sd1p SQL>select SEGMENT_CREATED from user_tables where table_name = 'TEST';

SEG
---
NO

sd1p SQL>select segment_type from dba_segments where segment_name = 'TEST';

no rows selected

sd1p SQL>insert into test values (1);

1 row created.

sd1p SQL>commit;

Commit complete.

sd1p SQL>select segment_type from dba_segments where segment_name = 'TEST';

SEGMENT_TYPE
TABLE