RE: What am I missing - table not in DBA_SEGMENTS

  • From: "Kenneth Naim" <kennethnaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:43:04 -0400

Extents are now allocated upon first insert, there is an init.ora parameter to
change the behavior to allocate upon create. This change helps prepackaged
application that create thousands of table but only populate a small fraction
of that. Why allocate space to a table that will never get rows.

Ken