Re: Using OPTIMIZER_CAPTURE_SQL_PLAN_BASELINES=TRUE in Production

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andy Sayer <andysayer@xxxxxxxxx>, Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 08:36:13 -0500

Hi!

I would like Jonathan or Mark Farnham to weigh in on automatic baselines. I am not a DBA and have no database of my own.

Regards

On 3/4/19 7:22 AM, Andy Sayer wrote:

We did it for the same reasons I suggested earlier

General plan stability
Easy to manipulate and test alternate plans
Easier to get sign off on patching and upgrades

This has been in place for about 2 years now and we have seen a huge reduction in performance issues and time required to address a performance issue

Thanks,
Andy
Hi --

Mladen Gogala