Re: Use of IPv6 with Oracle anyone?

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:31:57 +0000

Well, if I'm running databases and app servers internally in a company
data center, am I really going to struggle for IP addresses with IP4?
Don't know many companies that need more than 16 million internal IP
addresses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Private_IPv4_address_spaces

I figure most companies wouldn't be too phased with the limitations of
IP4 where internal use is concerned. I guess this is why nobody seems
to phased by it at the moment.

The pressing need for IP6 seems to be because we are running out of
unique IP4 public addresses, which is an issue as far as the internet
is concerned. I'm not a networking guy, but this seems like a very
different issue to my internal network.

Cheers

Tim...