Re: Use of IPv6 with Oracle anyone?

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:48:21 +0000

On 13/02/2012 11:32, Niall Litchfield wrote:
> I can't really see many internal corporate networks adopting IPv6 at all
> (at least for many years), I just don't see what advantages it gives a
> private network over the costs involved in moving. External networks
> presumably will have to adopt the standard sooner or later.
I fully agree! It makes me wonder who has asked Oracle to provide IPv6
listeners and name resolution in the first place. I wouldn't really
recommend turning it on this "deep" in the stack. You could have IPv6->
IPv4 conversion in the application/load balancer layer if the
application has to be accessible from the outside world. For anything
that stays inside IPv4 will be enough for a long time.

Maybe there are reasons to simplify the stack and use IPv6 throughout?

Regards,

Martin