Re: Urgent rac wait problem

  • From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:01:35 +0900

There should be other reasons for your problem like bind peeking or
different optimizer configurations.

http://www.pythian.com/news/867/stabilize-oracle-10gs-bind-peeking-behaviour-by-cutting-histograms

Oracle has only one source of statistics. Statistics is per database, not
per instance.

Optimizer puts the system performance into consideration only by means of
system statistics. But system statistics is per database, not per instance,
which means that hardware configuration like CPU count, CPU performance,
memory size and I/O performance has same effect on the multiple instances.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller

http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)