RE: Urgent!!

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:53:41 -0400

From the thread, I see that this was solved.

Unfortunately it is too late to do this diagnostic:
cd /filesystem_in_question; df -h .

When I find "everything" missing, it usually means that something caused the
volume containing the filesystem to unmount, leaving the directory entry on
the / or root location. If that is what df -somearg . reports when in the
directory, then umount, mount usually fixes the problem, unless the contents
were in flux, in which case you may need to fsck the filesystem.

Glad you had a standby, sorry the root cause remains a mystery.

mwf