Re: Upgrade 9 to 11 & Big Endian to Little Endian

  • From: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orcl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:23:01 +0800

Hi orcl

1. Maybe you should know RMAN CONVERT will be a long time operation,
I'm not sure which is faster compared to a well tuned exp+imp work.

2. What is your database outage time window? several hours or several minutes?

3. You can use exp+imp for the initial step, then create material view
log on every important table in 9i database, and create material view
refresh ON PREBUILT TABLE in 10g database, when finally 10g data
synchronized with 9i data, then plan an database outage time (will be
very small. like several minutes) and drop the mv in 10g but leave the
tables, switch 10g database to production.

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com
Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org