Re: Unable to do a 10046 trace on another users session

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:01:21 -0600

I've had good success with the following (also posted online at
"http://www.evdbt.com/tools.htm";), in a SQL*Plus script named
"tracetrg.sql":

=================== begin clipped text =======================
set echo on feedback on timing on verify on

undef username

spool tracetrg_&&username

create or replace trigger &&username..tracetrg
        after logon
        on &&username..schema
begin
  execute immediate 'alter session set tracefile_identifier = ''' ||
lower(user) || '''';
  execute immediate 'alter session set max_dump_file_size=unlimited';
  execute immediate 'alter session set events ''10046 trace name context
forever, level 8''';
end tracetrg;
/
show errors

spool off

Please forgive the wrapped text -- be aware that there are only three lines
within the body of trigger, each starting with "execute immediate"...

Hope this helps...

-Tim