Unable to do a 10046 trace on another users session

  • From: "Arghadeep Chatterjee" <dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:47:46 +0530

Hi All,
I am trying to trace another users session (10046 trace) by using DBMS_SYSTEM
as mentioned in Cary's book my problem is though everything runs out fine the
resulting trace file only shows the last line of my current SQL and doesnt
report any SQL of the application I am trying to trace.I am enabling the trace
form SQLPLUS while the application is Oracle Forms 6i.Any ideas the steps I
have followed is exact replica of one shown in hotsos.Thanks
Regards
Arghadeep Chatterjee
DBA "KSPL"