Re: URL Change in Grid Control

  • From: "Bill Ferguson" <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:20:00 -0600

I had to do it once about 8 months back, but I forget which Metalink
doc it was that gave me directions.

One of the Oracle servers I have is on Active Directory, and the other
two aren't. The other two installed fine without problems (db_domain,
etc. for global naming). The one on active Directory automatically
grabbed all that type of information straigh from AD and never asked
be about it.

In our envirnment, with those 'automatic' defaults, I couldn't connect
to the database. So, after finding the magical document on Metalink, I
was able to successfully de-install the existing information and
re-configure it with the correct information, but it was a total pain
in the you-know-what to find the document and get the reconfiguration
done.

--
-- Bill Ferguson