Re: URGENT: INCOMPLETE RECOVERY

  • From: "Rhojel Echano" <rhojel.echano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:18:28 +0800

have you tried copying the current redo log from the source and applying it
to the clone?

On 4/12/07, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This should be a simple clone and I have done it a million times.
However, finding the space and cloning a 200+Gb with over 188 files is
difficult especially when you don't have the space readily available to
clone to.

So here I am exhausted trying to bring a database open after incomplete
recovery.  I have checked and double-checked that I have done a begin
backup...cp,,,end backup on each datafile, have a controlfile and database
in mounted stated, have all the logs - in fact, apply logs that I know were
created far after the backup.

mounted database
recover database using backup controlfile until cancel

endless applying of archive logs

I cannot open the database with resetlogs.  I cannot open it at all.  I am
getting that error that not all my files are in-synch.  sigh.

Any good ideas out there - maybe I just need another set of eyes.  :)

Thanks,
Paula

Version 8.1.7.4

Looking for earth-friendly autos?