Re: Training for Oracle Performance tuning - Method-R is easy

  • From: "Vlad Sadilovskiy" <vlovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:23:01 -0400

Two thumbs up to the Andrews point of view!! However any particular business
hardly depends on ones philosophy. My vision is that planning, planning and
again planning and constant monitoring keeps it running without falling over
the edge. In many cases it is too late to tune anything because the business
has fallen apart. And not because the DBA didn't monitor or didn't analyze
traces. An "explosion" might have started in a different spot. And there
were no spare resources to absorb the shock. Technology requires wider (and
probably more complex) approach that takes into account all layers not just
the metrics that Oracle came up with.

Vlad Sadilovskiy
Oracle Database Tools
http://www.fourthelephant.com