Re: Total Recall License - but out of compliance - what?

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 10:12:37 -0600

You will need to discuss this with your purchasing department, who should have the original contract, and with Oracle, who need to provide the information about the exact date and terms under which the options were merged.

In the past, Oracle would usually document the merge of options, would generally provide a 'restricted use' license of the surviving option, and would document which capabilities in the new license are included (and sometime which are NOT to be used) in the restricted use license.

However, please verify that you are using only the original Total Recall and not the compressed version. The original became free. I'm not sure the compressed actually existed before being folded into Adv. Compression, but I have no proof either way.

/Hans

On 09/04/2015 6:37 AM, Chris Taylor wrote:

Guys,

I know this touches on a licensing discussion but my questions are a little different.

We have 2 Total Recall Licenses:
1 - 8 Proc Full Use - expires 10/12/2015
1 - 200 Named User Plus full use - expires 10/12/2015

However, Total Recall "went away" at some point and was rolled into Advanced Compression.

Question #1:
Does anyone know when Total Recall was no longer an option /outside /of Advanced Compression?

Second part - we are getting dinged by Oracle for not having Advanced Compression licensed because we were using flashback data logs (Total Recall).

Question #2:
Anyone have any input on how we can have a support agreement for Total Recall (part of Advanced Compression) and not have Advanced Compression - thereby getting dinged on the audit for non-compliance?

Regards,
Chris Taylor