RE: Total Recall License - but out of compliance - what?

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Chris Taylor'" <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 14:03:22 -0400

Yes, you do use “total recall” and it has a nice heading. Fortunately that is
free.

Then they scan for use of advanced compression without a nice heading (no rows
selected).

I’m just reading the report, which apparently they cannot do. Please notice it
clearly reports:

“no rows selected”

immediately before

If any rows are returned then ADVANCED COMPRESSION OPTION is in use

I offer no opinion about whether this is intentionally confusing, but the
report you posted records “no rows selected” for the ACO check.

mwf

PS: There is a long history of the users groups going to bat against
whip-sawing folks into additional license requirements when a component of a
feature is broken out as a licensed option. The original case and agreement
stemmed from WORKFLOW in the E-Business Suite, if memory serves.