RE: Toad vs TOra vs ?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:01:42 -0500

Yes, there is a glimmer of hope!  The wonderful TOAD team has released a =
freeware (at least for now) version of TOAD for MySQL.  =
http://www.toadsoft.com   Attempts at gleaning insight to TOAD for =
Oracle on Linux have been met with politically-correct answers, though.  =
If I had to guess, it's legal difficulty.  From the output of an "ldd" =
on the MySQL version, I'd think they'd have to release the source code, =
since it relies on some GNU libs.  I'm also guessing that Quest's =
acquisition of TOra had something to do with it.

Keep yer fingees crossed!

Rich

p.s.  TOAD for MySQL is very nice, with only a couple of bugs.  Much =
easier to use than phpMyAdmin, IMHO.