Re: Thoughts on the "Oracle Professional" magazine?

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:54:18 -0500

I won a few copies at a Dan Hotka seminar a few years back, it was ok but when I looked into a subscription, I found it prohibitively expensive. I believe it was several hundred $$!!

I quick look at their site and I didn't see the prices (surprise). The content was akin to NYOUG quarterly - free with membership, publication
Post the subscription price if you find it.

On the other hand they claim to offer "highly technical information to "high end" dba's -- so...

4 day oracle university training 3K
1 day Tom Kyte seminar $250
oracle -l
priceless!

you decide

Bob

Stephens, Chris wrote:

I had a subscription the magazine at my previous job. There were a few throw away issues but it is definitely worth the price if you aren't paying for it! :) ...otherwise it is a close call. at least for me. chris